ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis enhancements (Annotations and/or Dynamic beanutils support)
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 03:52:10 GMT
iBATIS has special code to deal with HashMaps.  If in your mapping you
specify #someProperty#, then iBATIS will call HashMap.get("someProperty") -
it has essentially the same effect as the DynaBean functionality.

The values in the HashMap can be of any type.  iBATIS infers the proper JDBC
type from the Java type just as it does with regular Java beans.  iBATIS
does not read the database meta data, it makes reasonable assumptions from
the Java types.  You can also override this in the SQL map.  For example, if
you set java.util.Date in the HashMap, then iBATIS will call the setDate()
function.  If this is not what you want (as Yusuf mentions), then you can
specify the JDBC type like this:

 insert into sometable (timestamp_column) values
(#timestampProperty:TIMESTAMP#)

BTW - Yusuf - this is not a bug, you need to override the JDBC type as shown
above and continue to use java.util.Date.

If you use a HashMap in a resultMap, then iBATIS will end up calling
getObject() - so the JDBC driver will decide what the returned data type is.

Jeff Butler