ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Yusuf" <Yu...@ekalife.co.id>
Subject RE: iBatis enhancements (Annotations and/or Dynamic beanutils support)
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 02:52:50 GMT
actually, i think it worked like that.. i've been using HashMaps for
quite some time to pass parameters, just like Jeff said:

HashMap hm = new HashMap();
hm.put(fieldName, value);
service.insert(hm);

one thing you have to notice though, i don't know if this is a bug, but
if you put a java.util.Date in a HashMap,
then it'll only save the date value, not the time (example: the value
"01/01/1981 19:23:12" will be saved as "01/01/1981 00:00:00)

yusuf

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent Ryan [mailto:bryan@blackboard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:39 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: iBatis enhancements (Annotations and/or Dynamic beanutils
support)

How would I do the sqlmap?  Is there a way to match the fieldName with a
column if I use the hashmap?  How would this look in the sql map?

<insert id="insertMerchant" parameterClass="java.util.HashMap">
    <selectKey resultClass="int" keyProperty="merchantId" > select
EXTENDED_MERCHANT_SEQ.NEXTVAL as merchantId from DUAL</selectKey>
    insert into EXTENDED_MERCHANTS (MERCHANT_ID, NAME, CONTACT, EMAIL,
PHONE, COMMENTS, VENDOR_ID, VENDOR_SITE_ID, INVOICE_EMAIL,
EXTERNAL_MERCHANT)
    values (#merchantId#, #merchantName#, #merchantContact#,
#merchantEmail#, #merchantPhone#, #merchantComments#, #vendorId#,
#vendorSiteId#, #invoiceEmail#, #externalMerchant#)
  </insert>

Will iBatis assume that the key of the hash matches the values()?  I
wasn't aware that this is how it worked... Would it assume that
everything in the hash is in the same order as the columns?  I don't
think it works like this... Does it?

And to answer your other questions....yes, I basically parse the text
file and cast the value to either BigDecimal or Date depending on
another configuration in a properties file.

Brent