ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "James, Steven" <steven.ja...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: how to get ID from relation table?
Date Sat, 13 May 2006 12:36:45 GMT
Depend son the database but if it is an auto key just use the select key tag. Have a look at
the documentation on page 15.

http://cvs.apache.org/dist/ibatis/ibatis.java/docs/iBATIS-SqlMaps-2.pdf

________________________________

From: CIJOML [mailto:cijoml@volny.cz]
Sent: Sat 13/05/2006 13:32
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: how to get ID from relation table?

Hello,

I am new to iBatis and I need fill in value into table with foreign key. How
can I get ID from relation table filled before this table? Does ibatis return
this value for me?

For example:
Table person with personId, firstName, surName
Table Address with addressId, personId (foreign key), streetName, etc

Now I am able to insert/udpdate/delete rows in person table, but need also
fill in relation table.

Thanks a lot

Michal

and inform the sender. Thank you.