ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Nathan Maves <Nathan.Ma...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: faster updates
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 16:21:59 GMT
Not sure if I understand your problem but here goes ...

In my service layer I would put together a LIst of your objects to be
updated.  Say maybe a 1000 at a time.  When you List is full then I
would send this to the dao level and then add each object to the
batch.  Once everyone of the 1000 are in the batch execute it.

This should be way faster then individual updates even with a
prepared statement.

Nathan