ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brocard Antoine <antoine.broc...@elca.ch>
Subject How to avoid fetching all rows when accessign a page in a Paginat edList
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 06:04:29 GMT
Hi all,

I have the following problem:

I have a table in the database that contains about 26'000 rows. I would like
to display it using pagination. So I decided to use

SqlMapExecutor.executeQueryForPaginatedList(...).

The paging works fine, but when I try to access pages (with the gotoPage(n)
method) that are pretty far from 0 (~1000), it takes a lot of time. I
suspect iBatis to fetch all the row from 0 to my page.

Is there a way to improve this? I use Oracle that has the ROW_NUM property
associated to each row. Is there a way to modify my sql statement so that it
receives the "asked" page somehow and can maybe return only the interesting
rows?

Thank you very much for your answer

Best regards

Antoine

Antoine Brocard / Consultant
ELCA / www.elca.ch
Av. de la Harpe 22-24 / Case postale 519 / CH - 1001 Lausanne
mailto:antoine.brocard@elca.ch / Tel: +41 21 613 21 11 / Fax: +41 21 613 21
00

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are neither the addressee nor authorized to receive this for the addressee,
you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or
any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please
contact the sender and delete this message. Thank you.