ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ross, Jonathan C." <Jonathan.C.R...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: Next steps on REFCURSOR support?
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 12:38:41 GMT
That would be terrific; thanks.

We tried two fixes, this one and one from another contributor.  We were
unable to get the latter to work, or to get anyone to comment on it, so
this is the better candidate.

Any other comments from the list are welcome.

Regards,
Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 6:02 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Next steps on REFCURSOR support?

If you're all comfortable with the solution as it is in the Wiki, I may
be able to implement it.

I have a list of things after TSSJS that I just haven't had a chance to
look at yet, and this is one of them.  Most of these are things that I
depend upon external testing for.  But if two of you are telling me it
works fine, then I'll implement it.

Cheers,
Clinton

On 5/8/06, Mike Fagan <mfagan@tde.com> wrote:

Ross, Jonathan C. wrote:

> Can one of the committers comment on whether / when / how REFCURSOR
> support will appear in iBATIS?  Details at e.g.

_http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Oracle+RE
F+CURSOR+Solutions_

> Background: my team maintains Java dev tools at Fidelity Investments.
> We try to keep our open source distributions as pristine as possible,
> save for internal security fixes.  With our customers pushing for
> REFCURSOR support, the choices are: tell them to shove off; tell them
> to maintain their own patch; fork our copy and take the hit in testing
> & upgrade.
>
> None of those really appeals to me; would greatly appreciate hearing
> the "official" iBATIS direction.
>
> Thanks,
>
> /Jonathan Ross/
> Fidelity Enterprise Systems Architecture
> v 617.563.0722 f 617-476-6202

Jonathan,
I too would like the refcursor support in the official baseline since I
use it everywhere. I have requested to have it added in the past but did
not get any feedback from committers on how to make this happen.

Regards,
Mike Fagan