ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rick Reumann" <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help in mapping of one object to Two tables
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 15:13:01 GMT
On 5/9/06, rambabu.piridi@wipro.com <rambabu.piridi@wipro.com> wrote:

> And i have two tables one to store Person static properties and the 2nd
> table is to store dynamic properties.
>
> <snip>
>
> Now my requirement is to insert one Person object into these two tables.
> Is this possible in Ibatis?

Since it's two inserts that you need I can't see how you'll get around not
having two insert statements in iBATIS  (I'd call both inserts from a single
transaction so if one fails the rollback occurs).. If you really wanted to
call just one iBATIS insert you could write a stored procedure that does the
two inserts and call that from iBATIS (I'm assuming that would work.)

--
Rick