ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Poitras Christian" <Christian.Poit...@ircm.qc.ca>
Subject RE: reading nullable columns via iBATIS SqlMap
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 13:56:13 GMT
I think you should send the exception stack trace if possible.

I use many nullable columns without any problems. This could be a
problem with your jdbc driver (or are you using another type of
connection?).

-----Original Message-----
From: Vadim Grinshpun [mailto:vadim@ll.mit.edu]
Sent: Thursday, 18 May 2006 08:38
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: reading nullable columns via iBATIS SqlMap

No, the type in question is a String, which is quite nullable--hence my
surprise that this doesn't work as I'd expect.

(I ran into the int vs Integer issue previously, but a search of the
mailing list archive helped solve that :) -Vadim

Christian Poitras wrote:

Are you trying to put a null into a non-nullable type like int or
double?

If this is the case, you must use the object equivalent: Integer,
Double, etc...