ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Poitras Christian" <Christian.Poit...@ircm.qc.ca>
Subject RE: Ibatis Transactions across multiple DAO objects
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 14:00:10 GMT

From: Rajaram_Viswanathan [mailto:Rajaram_Viswanathan@Satyam.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 02 May 2006 01:38
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: Ibatis Transactions across multiple DAO objects

From: Rajaram_Viswanathan
Sent: Fri 4/28/2006 4:27 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org

________________________________

From: Rajaram_Viswanathan
Sent: Fri 4/28/2006 12:22 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org

Hello All,
I wanted to control  ibatis transactions manually in my application.
I had used daoManagaer.StartTransaction/endTransaction().
Following is the code:
This code is in a service class which would be called by the action
class to do insert operations

class Myservice extends BaseService{

public Bean insertPrimaryContent(Bean bean)
   {
   try{
    daoManager.startTransaction();

//This function is available in the base service class using the baseDao
object obtained

//using getDao(BaseDao.class)   method    in    base service.

super.callGenericInsertStoredProc();

     //Updations are done seperately on the inserted data.

     //This below functions are in this class and uses myDao obtained
using getDao(MyDao.class) method in category   service

     UpdateRelatedProperities();  //Mark 1

     UpdateRelatedTables();         //Mark 2

     daoManager.commitTransaction();
 }finally{
 daoManager.endTransaction();
 }

  return bean;
 }

}

Since I handle transactions manually,commit is not done in my stored
procs.

But if any of the exception occurs at Mark 1 or Mark 2(see comments)
,The operations done by the callGenericInsertStoredProc() is not rolled
back but mark1 and mark2 operations are rolled back.

Can you please tell me how to solve this problem?

I want all the above things to happen as single atomic transaction(All
or None).

Please let me know if you have solution for the above problem.

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL
AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in
this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies;
your cooperation in this regard is appreciated..