ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: queryForMap returning zero results
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 18:28:27 GMT
That's very strange, since queryForMap() uses queryForList() internally.
Is there a proper getter in class
'com.mycompany.ecommerce.ProductCategory' for the 'productCategoryId'
property?

Niels

________________________________

From: Firas A. [mailto:ofbiz@idigna.com]
Sent: dinsdag 9 mei 2006 20:05
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: queryForMap returning zero results

Hello everybody!

I'm getting zero results when using queryForMap. Whith queryForList I
get the correct results.

----- SQLMap -----
<resultMap id="listOfCategories"
class="com.mycompany.ecommerce.ProductCategory">
        <result column="product_category_id"
property="productCategoryId" jdbcType="VARCHAR" />
        <result column="parent_category_id" property="parentCategoryId"
jdbcType="VARCHAR" />
        <result column="category_name" property="categoryName"
jdbcType="VARCHAR" />
</resultMap>

<select id="listAvailableCategories" resultMap="listOfCategories">
        SELECT
              product_category_id,
              parent_category_id,
              category_name
        FROM  product_category
</select>

----- Java -----
public Map listAvailableCategories() throws SQLException {
        Map prodCatRel =
sqlMapClient.queryForMap("listAvailableCategories", null,
"productCategoryId");
        return prodCatRel;
}

In the logging output I can clearly see that there are several rows in
the resultset, but prodCatRel.size()==0.

Anybody have an idea?

Thanks for your time!

</Firas>