ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ben Munat <b...@munat.com>
Subject Re: Problem with using generic and specific custom TypeHandlers
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 16:01:21 GMT
Hi Tracey,

I used a custom type handler on a project last year (for a boolean field on an AS/400 no
less :-) ) and I remember struggling to get it to work.

I just went and looked at my map I think you need to create a parameterMap for the query
that uses the type handler as well as a result map. You specify the type handler for the
property that uses it on both ends. So, here's what mine looks like:

   <resultMap id="ScheduledMonthlyPaymentResult" class="ScheduledMonthlyPayment">
       <result property="applicationNumber" column="appnum"/>
       <result property="sequenceNumber" column="seqnum"/>
       <result property="accountName" column="acctnm"/>
       <result property="totalAmountOwed" column="totamt"/>
       <result property="monthlyPayment" column="mnthpmt"/>
       <result typeHandler="com.foo.bar.dao.BooleanToCharTypeHandler"
		property="active" column="active"/>
   </resultMap>

   <parameterMap id="ScheduledMonthlyPaymentParameters" class="ScheduledMonthlyPayment">
       <parameter property="applicationNumber"/>
       <parameter property="sequenceNumber" />
       <parameter property="accountName"/>
       <parameter property="totalAmountOwed"/>
       <parameter property="monthlyPayment" />
       <parameter property="active"
		typeHandler="com.foo.bar.dao.BooleanToCharTypeHandler" />
   </parameterMap>

Hope that helps!