ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Albert L. Sapp" <as...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Hope someone can point me in the right direction to look.
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 15:11:33 GMT
Sven.Boden wrote:

>Let me take a shot at that ;-)

Thanks for the quick feedback, Sven.

>In Oracle you never see uncommitted data outside of your own oracle session... it's the
way Oracle built their database (they don't even have uncommitted read as isolation level).

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.  I was, however, using the OEM console
and thought that it was supposed to give me access to all sessions.  I
will double check that.  I was logging in as SYS.

>For what could be happening in your case. When you run on a single machine it will always
take the same connection (you disabled e.g. connection pooling on the webserver/appserver).
When you run in "deployed" mode you use connection pooling and probably the bean saving your
cart is using another connection as the bean selecting the cart data. And if you then don't
do commits you don't see data just yet.

Ok, I thought when I removed all reference to cacheing in my xml files
for my sql mapping, that cacheing was disabled.  Do I need to worry
about cache settings in my Tomcat configuration?  I never run in a
single machine mode as far as I know.  I always deploy and execute the
application from a Tomcat server.  I have 3 Tomcat instances to choose
from.  One is running on my local PC, one is running on our backup site
and one is running on our production site.  I use the one on my local PC
for all my developement work.  In case that was the problem, we went
ahead and deployed the tar to the backup site and we still had the same
problem.

I could see each connection as it was used, so I knew each create and
select used a different connection.  All our operations with the db go
through start/commit/end transactions using try/catch blocks.  Even our
queries.  So I will start double-checking my try/catch blocks and make
sure I have not missed something there.  Otherwise, I can not understand
what is interfering with new shopping cart items not making it to the
db.  What is even more frustrating is it works fine with one combination
(Linux/Firefox) and not with others (Windows2000/IE, WindowsXP/IE,
Windows2000/Firefox, WindowsXP/Firefox and Mac OS X/IE).  The OS/browser
thing is the only sympton we have to work with right now.

If I come up with any more information or a final solution, I will post
to the list.