ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Albert L. Sapp" <as...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Hope someone can point me in the right direction to look.
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 22:35:20 GMT
Hi, guys.

Here is the overall results we are seeing and what I have found out so far.

1.  On a PC running any linux and using a Firefox browser, our java web
application works as expected.  We can enter items in to our shopping
cart and they immediate show in a list of our shopping cart items.

2.  On a PC running any other operating system or any other browser but
Firefox on Linux you want to name, our application does not seem to to
work the same way.  The first item added will show up in the shopping
cart item list immediately.  Each one that follows will only show up if
you do one of the following things.

    a.  Add a third item and the second will show up in list.  You can
keep doing this as long as you want, but the last item entered will
never show up.

    b.  Go to the main menu page of the application, then get back into
the shopping cart and the last item entered is now there.

    c.  Got to checkout and it will bill all the items showing and, when
you return to your shopping cart, the last item entered now appears.  It
was not billed, so it was not deleted.

    d.  Even if a person opens that shopping cart on another PC,
including the PC from 1 above, that last item will not show until
another item is entered.  At least on the PC from 1 above, you see the
last item entered again.

I have done the following.

A.  Removed all cacheing from the application.

B.  Turned on DEBUG and found that the create shopping cart item step is
occuring, but can see that the result set returned does not contain the
item just created.

C.  Checked Oracle database and sure enough the item is not there and I
see no indication that there is anything hanging around to be done.

General info:  Java 1.4.2, iBatis-DAO-2, iBatis-SqlMaps-2, Tomcat
5.0.28, Struts (but I can't tell you what version) and Oracle 10g Rev 1.

I don't think it is a iBatis problem, but wanted to see if anyone had
experienced anything like this before.  I am also going to go to OTN and
post a question there as well.  I assume there a lists for the other
things we are using.  We have quite a large application and this is the
first time we have seen a difference in the way it works based on the
browser it looks like.

Any help or indication of where to start ot look would be greatly
appreciated.  You guys have always been very helpful with all my other
questions.  Keep up the good work on iBatis.

Al