ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From DaqiQi...@aol.com
Subject PigQuery
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 23:43:10 GMT
All,

I got communication failure due to closed connection. I read the mailing
list. One of the solution is to enable pingQuery. Enabling pingquery will have
some impact on performance. My question is how to set values for property
name="Pool.PingConnectionOlderThan and property name="Pool.PingConnectionNotUsedFor"
so that it has minimum impact on performance. I use MySql server. It seems
connection is timed out if there is no activity for more than 8 hours.

Should I set values for these two properties close to 8 hours? Another
solution is set AutoReconnection=true. Which one is better?

Thanks for advice.
Tony