ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "rs" <rustyst...@myway.com>
Subject Re: public int executeBatch()
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 21:44:12 GMT

> Personally, because it would break stuff for some people currently using
> executeBatch.

You mean if they upgrade to the next release without reading the release notes or ignoring
the compatibility issues? That kind of danger exists for any release.

I doubt many people use executeBatch() though, for it has major problems, in my opinion: if
one or more records fail, currently there is no way to find out
1) which records failed
2) why they failed

Additionally, all "good" records will be rolled back.

> Does the patch submitted in this JIRA ticket work for you?

It would give me half of the information I want to have, that is, it would indicate which
records failed but would not tell why.

Regards,

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.