ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Cyril <cyril_j...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re : Problem with iBatis SQLMap and stored procedure
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 17:38:47 GMT
Hi,

I tried your suggestion and it works !

I was very surprised, because I downloaded DBCP sources and managed to continue my debugging.
It suggested that the CallbackStatement.execute() didn't return any result; but since it is
a DelegatingCallableStatement, I suspected there may be some kind of lazy initialisation.
My conclusion was there is some kind of bug in Sybase JDBC driver, or special parameters which
prevent us to use iBatis with Tomcat and Sybase.

I am ecstatic you found the solution to my problem so easily. Have you met this problem before?
Do you know any problem between DBCP and Sybase or iBatis?

Thank you very much, you saved my (professional) life (I did push iBatis on this project and
another project very strongly) !

Cyril

PS: my post can also be viewed as an exemple of how to use iBatis and stored procedures. The
documentation of iBatis is not very wordy on this.

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Beemsterboer Software <hans@beemsterboer-software.nl>
À : user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Cc : cyril_jade@yahoo.fr
Envoyé le : Mardi, 16 Mai 2006, 6h49mn 30s
Objet : Re: Problem with iBatis SQLMap and stored procedure

Hi Cyril,

Can you try to configure the Tomcat Datasource without DBCP?

For example, here is a configuration for MySQL:

  <Resource name="xxxx" auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  <ResourceParams name="xxxx">
    <parameter>
      <name>username</name>
      <value></value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>password</name>
      <value></value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>driverClassName</name>
      <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql:///test?jdbcCompliantTruncation=false&amp;zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxActive</name>
      <value>8</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxIdle</name>
      <value>4</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>

Cyril wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Please, can you help me?
>
> I'm migrating a web application from proprietary JDBC framework to iBatis. Every data
retrieving from the database come from stored procedure.
> I managed to refactor a small unit, after some difficulties finding the correct syntax
for stored procedure returning an object, and a problem with Websphere creating a new transaction
never commited. Everything was alright, and I set up a small training for my team to present
iBatis with a live exemple.

use the answer here: http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg00946.html

> Here are some more informations:
>
> I debugged from the iBatis source, and the deeper I managed to get was :
> File: SqlExecutor.java, method: handleResults(RequestScope, ResultSet, int, int, RowHandlerCallback)
> Line: if (rs.getType() != ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY)
> I suspect rs.getType throws a nullpointerexception (but rs is a DelegationResultSet,
and is not null)

> The stack trace is:
>
> 2006-05-16 15:02:48,413 ERROR[http-8080-Processor5] xxxxx.model.client.dao.impl.ClientDescriptionIbatisDAO(41)
- SQLException
> [...]
>
> <!-- Normal version, but we can't use it because of Websphere
>     <transactionManager type="JDBC">
>         <dataSource type="JNDI">
>             <property name="DataSource" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/xxxxx"/>
>         </dataSource>
>     </transactionManager>
> -->
>
> <!-- Special version, because Websphere create a transaction itself, and never commit
or rollback it -->
>     <transactionManager commitRequired="true"  type="EXTERNAL">
>         <property name="DefaultAutoCommit" value="false"/>
>         <property name="SetAutoCommitAllowed" value="false"/>
>         <dataSource type="JNDI">
>             <property name="DataSource" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/xxxxx"/>
>         </dataSource>
>     </transactionManager>
>
>     <sqlMap resource="xxxxx/ibatis/sqlmap/ClientDescription.xml"/>
>
> </sqlMapConfig>
>

> NOTE : I TRY WITH THE "NORMAL SECTION" AND TOMCAT TOO. I tried both, and had the same
results.

> My sqlmap file:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE sqlMap PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map 2.0//EN"
>     "http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/sql-map-2.dtd";>
>
> <sqlMap namespace="ClientDescription">
>
>     <typeAlias alias="clientDescription" type="xxxxx.ibatis.pojo.IbatisClientDescription"/>
>
>     <parameterMap id="clientDescriptionParams" class="java.util.Map">
>         <parameter property="contextId"/>
>         <parameter property="ricosId"/>
>     </parameterMap>
>
>     <resultMap id="clientDescriptionResult" class="clientDescription">
>         <result property="sector" column="SECTOR"/>
>         <result property="sectorLab" column="SECTORLABEL"/>
>         <result property="category" column="CATEGORY"/>
>         <result property="categoryLab" column="CATEGORYLABEL"/>
>         <result property="economicSector" column="ECONOMICSECTOR"/>
>         <result property="economicSectorLab" column="BUSAREALABEL"/>
>         <result property="businessArea" column="BUSAREA"/>
>         <result property="businessAreaLab" column="BUSAREALABEL"/>
>         <result property="country" column="COUNTRY"/>
>         <result property="countryLab" column="COUNTRYLABEL"/>
>         <result property="residence" column="RESIDENCE"/>
>         <result property="residenceLab" column="RESIDENCELABEL"/>
>         <result property="region" column="REGION"/>
>         <result property="regionLab" column="REGIONLABEL"/>
>         <result property="rating" column="RATING"/>
>         <result property="ratingLab" column="RATINGLABEL"/>
>         <result property="freezeDateAsSybase" column="FREEZEDATE"/>
>         <result property="comment" column="COMMENT"/>
>     </resultMap>
>

>     <procedure id="getClientDescription" parameterMap="clientDescriptionParams" resultMap="clientDescriptionResult">
>         <![CDATA[
>             {call CCCCustomersDetail(?, ?)}
>         ]]>
>     </procedure>
>
> </sqlMap>
>
> The problem may come from org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.close(DelegatingResultSet.java:132)
(which seems to be a Tomcat class), anybody found some way to make calling stored procedure
(Database is SYBASE) work?