ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Cyril <cyril_j...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Problem with iBatis SQLMap and stored procedure
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 13:24:23 GMT
Hi everybody,

Please, can you help me?

I'm migrating a web application from proprietary JDBC framework to iBatis. Every data retrieving
from the database come from stored procedure.
I managed to refactor a small unit, after some difficulties finding the correct syntax for
stored procedure returning an object, and a problem with Websphere creating a new transaction
never commited. Everything was alright, and I set up a small training for my team to present
iBatis with a live exemple.

Then, we decided to use Tomcat instead of Websphere, in dev environment, and we noticed my
code didn't work anymore.
It works on Webphere, and not in Tomcat. Another topic in the mailing list is very similar:

http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg00942.html

but since the procedure returns several columns (we map an object from them), I can't use
the answer here: http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg00946.html

Here are some more informations:

I debugged from the iBatis source, and the deeper I managed to get was :
File: SqlExecutor.java, method: handleResults(RequestScope, ResultSet, int, int, RowHandlerCallback)
Line: if (rs.getType() != ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY)
I suspect rs.getType throws a nullpointerexception (but rs is a DelegationResultSet, and is
not null)

The stack trace is:

2006-05-16 15:02:48,413 ERROR[http-8080-Processor5] xxxxx.model.client.dao.impl.ClientDescriptionIbatisDAO(41)
- SQLException
--- The error occurred in xxxxx/ibatis/sqlmap/ClientDescription.xml.
--- Check the ClientDescription.clientDescriptionParams.
--- Check the results (failed to retrieve results).
--- Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException
--- The error occurred in xxxxx/ibatis/sqlmap/ClientDescription.xml.
--- Check the ClientDescription.clientDescriptionParams.
--- Check the results (failed to retrieve results).
--- Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryWithCallback(GeneralStatement.java:188)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryForObject(GeneralStatement.java:104)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForObject(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:561)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForObject(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:536)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForObject(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:93)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.queryForObject(SqlMapClientImpl.java:70)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.close(DelegatingResultSet.java:132)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.closeResultSet(SqlExecutor.java:423)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.executeQueryProcedure(SqlExecutor.java:305)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.ProcedureStatement.sqlExecuteQuery(ProcedureStatement.java:34)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryWithCallback(GeneralStatement.java:173)
    ... 60 more

Caused by:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.close(DelegatingResultSet.java:132)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.closeResultSet(SqlExecutor.java:423)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.executeQueryProcedure(SqlExecutor.java:305)
    at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.ProcedureStatement.sqlExecuteQuery(ProcedureStatement.java:34)

My sqlmap-config file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE sqlMapConfig
    PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL MAP Config 2.0//EN"
    "http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/sql-map-config-2.dtd">

<sqlMapConfig>

    <settings
        cacheModelsEnabled="true"
        enhancementEnabled="false"
        lazyLoadingEnabled="true"
        maxRequests="256"
        maxSessions="32"
        maxTransactions="16"
        useStatementNamespaces="false"
    />

<!-- Normal version, but we can't use it because of Websphere
    <transactionManager type="JDBC">
        <dataSource type="JNDI">
            <property name="DataSource" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/xxxxx"/>
        </dataSource>
    </transactionManager>
-->

<!-- Special version, because Websphere create a transaction itself, and never commit or
rollback it -->
    <transactionManager commitRequired="true"  type="EXTERNAL">
        <property name="DefaultAutoCommit" value="false"/>
        <property name="SetAutoCommitAllowed" value="false"/>
        <dataSource type="JNDI">
            <property name="DataSource" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/xxxxx"/>
        </dataSource>
    </transactionManager>

    <sqlMap resource="xxxxx/ibatis/sqlmap/ClientDescription.xml"/>

</sqlMapConfig>

NOTE : I TRY WITH THE "NORMAL SECTION" AND TOMCAT TOO. I tried both, and had the same results.

My sqlmap file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sqlMap PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map 2.0//EN"
    "http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/sql-map-2.dtd">

<sqlMap namespace="ClientDescription">

    <typeAlias alias="clientDescription" type="xxxxx.ibatis.pojo.IbatisClientDescription"/>

    <parameterMap id="clientDescriptionParams" class="java.util.Map">
        <parameter property="contextId"/>
        <parameter property="ricosId"/>
    </parameterMap>

    <resultMap id="clientDescriptionResult" class="clientDescription">
        <result property="sector" column="SECTOR"/>
        <result property="sectorLab" column="SECTORLABEL"/>
        <result property="category" column="CATEGORY"/>
        <result property="categoryLab" column="CATEGORYLABEL"/>
        <result property="economicSector" column="ECONOMICSECTOR"/>
        <result property="economicSectorLab" column="BUSAREALABEL"/>
        <result property="businessArea" column="BUSAREA"/>
        <result property="businessAreaLab" column="BUSAREALABEL"/>
        <result property="country" column="COUNTRY"/>
        <result property="countryLab" column="COUNTRYLABEL"/>
        <result property="residence" column="RESIDENCE"/>
        <result property="residenceLab" column="RESIDENCELABEL"/>
        <result property="region" column="REGION"/>
        <result property="regionLab" column="REGIONLABEL"/>
        <result property="rating" column="RATING"/>
        <result property="ratingLab" column="RATINGLABEL"/>
        <result property="freezeDateAsSybase" column="FREEZEDATE"/>
        <result property="comment" column="COMMENT"/>
    </resultMap>

    <procedure id="getClientDescription" parameterMap="clientDescriptionParams" resultMap="clientDescriptionResult">
        <![CDATA[
            {call CCCCustomersDetail(?, ?)}
        ]]>
    </procedure>

</sqlMap>

The problem may come from org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.close(DelegatingResultSet.java:132)
(which seems to be a Tomcat class), anybody found some way to make calling stored procedure
(Database is SYBASE) work?

I hope you could help me,
sorry for the bad english,

Cyril