ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "rs"<rustyst...@myway.com>
Subject A separate transaction for the logger
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 23:07:39 GMT

Hi,

Am using a single static instance of SqlMapClient for all my DAOs. There's a need to save
some logging info into the database regardless if the application logic fails or not, i.e.
there is a need to start a separte transaction for logger.

Illustration:

// application logic
SQL_MAPPER.startTransaction();
// do some stuff
   //-----------> log current app status
   //
   // 1) start a new transaction for logger
   // 2) log the status
   // 3) commit and end logger transaction
// application error here but the status has been saved and committed
SQL_MAPPER.endTransaction();

So the question is how to start a new separate transaton for the logger. I'm thinking about
building a separate instance of SqlMapClient just for logger operations but maybe there's
a better way.

Thanks

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.