ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis within EAR files
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:59:41 GMT
If I understand you correctly, you have ibatis JARs in default/lib.  If so,
that is EXACTLY the problem - they cannot be in that directory.  Most Java
classloaders delagate to their parents, so even though you have the ibatis
JARs in your EAR, they are NEVER USED - because the classloader is loading
the classes from the parent first and the parent classloader is pulling them
from default/lib (even if you have seemingly stated otherwise in your
MANIFEST.MF).

So the problem is that the iBATIS classes are loaded by the parent to the
EAR classloader.  That classloader cannot see resources inside the EAR (this
is as is should be - and no amount of MANIFEST.MF magic will change that).

The answer is to remove the iBATIS JARs from your default/lib directory.

Bottom line - iBATIS does not support it's JAR files being in a parent
classloader to the resource files.  Most libraries like iBATIS have this
same restriction.  So never put them in a place like default/lib.  We would
have the same issue on WebSphere - so we never put iBATIS JARs (or any of
our other third party JARs) on the global classpath.

Jeff Butler