ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "MCCORMICK, Paul" <Paul.McCORM...@doir.wa.gov.au>
Subject RE: Two quick questions..
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 01:38:54 GMT

I'll add to those questions

1) Be careful when updating cached data in a transactional environment.
If you update a cached object, then calling a rollback will undo db
changes but not changes to the object in memory.  You should clone
cached object before updating in this case.

2) If you set ibatis to flush the cache on a update it will not work
correctly in a clustered environment.  Only one instance in the cluster
would have its cached flushed.

________________________________

From: Lingala, Sadasiva [mailto:Sadasiva.Lingala@FMR.com]
Sent: Thursday, 20 April 2006 7:23 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Two quick questions..

1. Can I selectively use lazy loading for some results but not others?
How do I specify this? I only see one global setting in
sqlMapConfig.xml.

2. How does iBatis caching know that data/object to be retrieved is
already in cache? Does it use SQL statement as key or some thing? Does
Bean need to implement any methods to support caching?

Thanks

"DISCLAIMER: This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s)
and may contain confidential and/or personal information and may also be the subject of legal
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information
contained in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message permanently
from your system and destroy any copies.

Before you take any action based upon advice and/or information contained in this email you
should carefully consider the advice and information and consider obtaining relevant independent
advice.