ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Brent Ryan" <br...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: Oracle DB using a wireless connection causes connection leaks
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:29:32 GMT

Brent

 From: Eric T. Blue [mailto:ericblue76@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 2:44 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Cc: lmeadors@apache.org
Subject: Re: Oracle DB using a wireless connection causes connection
leaks

Brent,

TCP connection/state behavior should not vary depending on your physical
connection type (802.3 vs 802.11).  Plus I don't think a different
driver should matter.  A given connection should go into TIME_WAIT and
CLOSE immediately following a JDBC connection close(). Are you using a
connection pool, or is your data source configured as SIMPLE?    Do you
see a single connection in ESTABLISHED state (to remote port 1521), or
multiple connections.  If you're killing the client application and you
still see the TCP state as ESTABLISHED, then this is indeed a strange
problem.  If you're on Windows and you want to find out what thread or
application owns a given TCP connection you should check out some of the
tools from sysinternals ( http://www.sysinternals.com/).

Specifically:

TCPView
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html