ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Brent Ryan" <br...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: Oracle DB using a wireless connection causes connection leaks
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:03:46 GMT
When I'm plugged into the network I don't have this problem.  I only
have this problem when I'm on wireless.  I don't think this is a iBatis
issue either.  I think it has something to do with the oracle driver
because I've run into something similar with straight JDBC calls before.
I thought I read a while back that there was a different JDBC oracle
driver you should use instead of the THIN driver if using wireless...
But maybe I'm just blowing smoke too.. Who knows?

Brent

--------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: larry.meadors@gmail.com [mailto:larry.meadors@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Larry Meadors
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 9:15 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Oracle DB using a wireless connection causes connection
leaks

I did a search for "if(isWireless()) leakConnection();" and didn't find
anythingso if you unplug your toaster, and put the dog out - I bet it
fixes it. ;-)

Just kidding..I do not see any way that this could be iBATIS related -
it is even hard to imagine that a bad jdbc driver would do that. Are you
absolutely positive that it happens when plugged in, too?

Larry