ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Yusuf" <Yu...@ekalife.co.id>
Subject Invalid Column Type issue in confluence
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:21:54 GMT
Hi,
In the faq page about null value inserts in here:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/What+cause
s+an+Invalid+column+type+error+with+Oracle
said that you can do something like this and you can prevent the
misleading error 'Invalid Column Type' if the value in line2 and
sold_date is null :

<insert id="insertAddress" parameterClass="Address">
        INSERT INTO
            ADDRESS (
		line1,
		line2,
		city,
		state,
		postal_code,
		purchase_date,
		sold_date
                )
            values (
                	#line1#,
		#line2:VARCHAR#,
		#city#,
		#state#,
		#postal_code#,
		#purchase_date#,
		#sold_date:DATE#
            )
</insert>

But this solution never works for me (or maybe for oracle..), instead i
always have to do something like :

<insert id="insertAddress" parameterClass="Address">
        INSERT INTO
            ADDRESS (
		line1,
		line2,
		city,
		state,
		postal_code,
		purchase_date,
		sold_date
                )
            values (
                #line1#,
		<isNull property="line2">
			null,
		</isNull>
		<isNotNull property="line2">
			#line2#,
		</isNotNull>
		#city#,
		#state#,
		#postal_code#,
		#purchase_date#,
		#sold_date#
            )
</insert>

I was wondering if someone actually having the same problem with me,
currently i'm using
- iBATIS 2.1.5 build 582
- oracle 8.1.7
- oracle10g jdbc thin driver (ojdbc14.jar)
- c3p0 0.9.0.2

Thanks :)
Yusuf.