ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Yusuf" <Yu...@ekalife.co.id>
Subject RE: pager in ibatis
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:43:53 GMT
I think it's better off making the paging logic yourself in the
application, and then querying only the records you want to show, for
example in oracle you can use the rownum to fetch the data like

select * from
(select rownum row, a.* from tabel1 as a)
where row between 21 and 30

because using the queryForPaginatedList (without caching) will always
fetch the entire result and then showing only the selected records, and
if the record count is high (like thousands..) then the performance will
be bad.

cmiiw,
Yusuf.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Chien [mailto:john.chien@ncmail.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:27 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: pager in ibatis

L:arry:

Thank you for the information.
The queryForPaginatedList() will return a list, then I can check for the

existence of successive records by calling the isNextPageAvailable().
and go to that page by calling  gotoPage();

However, I can not keep this list in my server due to concurrecy reason.
Does that mean that I have to call the same method every time and  give
it the page number for it to return me the records ?

I am doing the web development.
How can I make use of this returned list in JSP with Struct development
?

Should I keep the list in the session or request scope ?

Thanks,

John Chien