ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ali, Mohammed \(Liquidity & Risk Technology\)" <Mohammed_...@ml.com>
Subject RE: Update Statement Error ?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:25:36 GMT
Hi All,
This declaration worked. Thanks again for your quick response and
support.

Thanks,
Ali
(201) 671-5499

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:22 PM
	To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
	Subject: Re: Update Statement Error ?

	There is no iBATIS issue with NULL.  But in general with nulls,
you need to change your mapping to let iBATIS know about the dataype.
For example:

	first_name = #firstName:VARCHAR#,
	        last_name = #lastName:VARCHAR#,
	        phone = #phone:VARCHAR#,
	        fax = #fax:VARCHAR#,
	        e_mail = #email:VARCHAR#,
	        location = #location:VARCHAR#,
	        address1 = #address1:VARCHAR#,
	        address2 = #address2:VARCHAR#,
	        city = #city:VARCHAR#,
	        state = #state:VARCHAR#,
	        zip = #zip:VARCHAR#,
	        password = #password:VARCHAR#,
	                password_last_updated =
#password_last_updated:VARCHAR#
	        WHERE user_id = #userId:INTEGER#

	(Note: use your actual datatypes, I'm just guessing)

	Jeff Butler

	On 4/26/06, Ali, Mohammed (Liquidity & Risk Technology)