ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ben Munat <b...@munat.com>
Subject Re: Warnings at queryForList
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:03:31 GMT
You should be able to suppress the warnings by adding the annotation
"@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")" on the methods that use raw Collections.

You could also put the return value of queryForList in a raw List (no generics) and then
copy those items into a type-specific List. Something like:

List foo = sqlMap.queryForList("mapname",criteria);
List<MyListType> bar = new ArrayList<MyListType>();
for(Iterator it = foo.iterator; it.hasNext;){
     bar.add((MyListType)it.next());
}
return bar;

This gets you around the warnings, at the cost of copying a potentially large list every
time it's loaded. You're probably better off with @SuppressWarnings or the Xlint compiler

setting.

On a side note to the ibatis devs, what's the road map for having ibatis query methods
return type-specific collections? Will you ever do so (since that would break backwards
compatibility, right?)?