ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Alexander Sack" <pisym...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis within EAR files
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:30:25 GMT
Jeff, bingo.  Yea already had it that way where iBatis and some of the
commons libraries I'm using were in default/lib (think commons/lib, etc.).
But that doesn't really solve my issue.  I can't see resources witihin my
jar.   What's odd is that I can't even see resources within my EAR, i.e. if
I move the mapfile to outside of the jar file and then try to do
getResourceAsReader("mapfile.xml", it still claims it can't find it.

The MANIFEST magic is working in terms of keeping iBAtis out of the common
lib directory.  After I change the context classLoader and find the resource
file that way, everything is good until it tries to find a callback
typehandler outside of the EAR in a common library.  SOOO, after more
research into the matter, I have tried to setup a MANFIEST file for my EAR
with an Extension-List attribute referencing the external library that gets
deployed before my EAR under JBoss.  That seems to still not work.  I don't
understand why I need to know about my context's classloader of the running
thread anyway.  This is ridiculous!!!!  :-)!

Opps, yea Jeff, I suspect as well that the EAR is indeed being loaded by the
parent classloader causing my grief.  I can't believe though I'm the only
one who has ran into this...I'm assuming on Websphere you don't have this
problem?

-aps