ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Alexander Sack" <pisym...@gmail.com>
Subject iBatis within EAR files
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:15:48 GMT
Hello iBatis Folks,

I have this problem when using iBatis within in an EAR (I posted this in the
JBoss Forum but so far no solution):

my.ear
my.jar
my.jar/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
lib/ibatis*.jar
my.jar/com/blah/blah/mapfile.xml

The MANIFEST.MF file has Class-Path: lib/ibatis*.jar etc.  When the EAR gets
deployed, the getResourceReader() can not find the map files within the
my.jar file!  It seems that getResourceReader("com/blah /balh") can't find
it in the current classpath.  I noticed that the iBatis Resource object is
using the current thread's context classloader which I'm not sure seems
right to me for this scenario.

If I set the currentThread.setContextClassLoader() to my objects class
loader, it can then find the map files witin the JAR but then can't find a
typeHandler class in a common library outside the EAR (EARs are scoped).  So
this isn't going to work for me.

Any clue on how to solve this or how I should load map files witin a module
in an EAR deployment?  What's the best practices regarding iBatis and EAR
files?

Thanks!

-aps

--
"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson