ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Mike Wilson <mw9...@yahoo.com>
Subject Handling an existing userid
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:48:31 GMT
Hello, in the AccountBean I'm doing this for the new account information, but need to add validation
to handle an existing userid:

    public String newAccount() {
    try {
      accountService.insertAccount(account);
      account = accountService.getAccount(account.getUsername());
      authenticated = true;
      repeatedPassword = null;
      return SUCCESS;
    } catch (Exception e) {
      throw new BeanActionException ("There was a problem creating your Account Information.
 Cause: " + e, e);
    }
  }

  I thought I could add another errors to the messages.properties file and return to the jsp,
but not sure how. Could someone give me a quick example?

  Thanks in advance,