If you execute this statement with the queryForList method, iBATIS will return a List of HashMaps - one HashMap for every row in the table.

Jeff Butler

On 3/8/06, Guido García Bernardo <ggb275@tid.es> wrote:
Hello !

I can read in the ibatis SQL maps developer guide:

----
<statement id="getProductCount" resultClass=" java.util.HashMap">
select * from PRODUCT
</statement>

The above would basically give you a Map representation of the returned
ResultSet.
----

Could anyone elaborate on how exactly this Map represents the returned
ResultSet?
In example, how could I traverse the following PRODUCT table using a Map?

id   name             stock    price
1    DVD player    80        30
2    CD player      10         20

Java code that dumps this table with no need to define a resultMap would
be appreciated :)
Thank you,

--
Guido García Bernardo