ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Scott Zhu" <scott...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crash when Oracle stops/restarts
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:49:48 GMT
I don't think this problem is specific to oracle or ibatis. We use SQLServer
(with Weblogic) and I can reproduce this problem if I stop and restart the
db server. It's because some connections in the pool becomes invalid when
this happens. The solution is to always test the connection or periodically
test the connections. I'm not sure how this is done in Tomcat, but in
weblogic, it's the "Test Reserved Connections" option.