ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to make dao's / vo's more polymorphic
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:28:25 GMT
Yes - that's a difficult problem on many levels.  First there's the
difficulty of the introspection (and what to do if there's a collision).
Second there's the issue of classloading - in Eclipse it would be difficult
to see the base class because the plugin has a different classloader than
the Eclipse project (this can be solved in Eclipse 3.1 with OSGi buddy
classloaders, but complex).  Initially, I would probably take the easy way
out and generate a warning message if possible.  Other than that, it would
be the responsibility of the user to make sure this wouldn't happen.

Jeff Butler