ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Mark Bennett" <mark.bennett.m...@gmail.com>
Subject [Abator] feature request
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:41:46 GMT
DISCLAIMER:  I know that the address information should have been in a
different table but that is the reason that I need iBatis.

I would like to be able to define a column override like this.

        <columnOverride column="ST" property="address.state"/>

If I do this it will generate the mappings and sql statements that I *do*want.
    <result column="ST" jdbcType="VARCHAR" property="address.state"/>
      ST = #address.state:VARCHAR#,
But is has a side effect of doing this to my class.

    private String address.state;

I think this could be useful for a lot of people that want to push data down
into other objects.  Also it doesn't seem too far from being able to do it.

Thanks much again!

Mark