ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Voorhoeve, Niels {PBG}" <niels.voorho...@pepsi.com>
Subject RE: Re: How to make dao's / vo's more polymorphic
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:11:26 GMT
I beg to differ.  I think one of the primary goals of OO is to make the
semantics of the object transparent, hence comprehensible, hence
reusable.  Your approach completely negates that goal and in fact
obfuscates the code (unless you are the privileged programmer who wrote
it in the first place and has the whole mess memorized).

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of netsql
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:58 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to make dao's / vo's more polymorphic

Using Collections for VO makes them *reusable*, which is what OO's only
goal, to make you more productive via reuse.
They are dynamic VO in the sense that one cad add a column in SQL or in
view from version 1.0 of your web app to 2.0, and you can do so w/o any
code changes in the VO. Sorry that you do not see the benefits. I sure
used to do the "beans" way for many years, but now I gave it up.

Plenty of people do it that way. I "learned" it from ActionScript
talking to back end.

.V

   There's nothing OO