ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sterritt, Christopher L." <chris.sterr...@gd-ais.com>
Subject Crash when Oracle stops/restarts
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:36:34 GMT
Hello,

	We're having a problem with iBATIS (currently using version
2.1.7).  We're using it with Spring under Tomcat, and the problem is
that if the database goes down, we have to restart Tomcat, since
(evidently) the pooled connections are unable to reconnect.

	The machine is off the net, so it's kind of a pain to include
the whole backtrace (unless it'll help), but the exception is
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset by peer: socket
write error.

	It the last time it's in iBATIS is in
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource.popConnection(SimpleDataSource.j
ava:620) which was called from
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource.getConnection(SimpleDataSource.j
ava:213).

	Thanks much for any help,
	--chris sterritt