ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Lingala, Sadasiva" <Sadasiva.Ling...@FMR.com>
Subject RE: need help - custom result set with no mapping
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:23:50 GMT

From: larry.meadors@gmail.com [mailto:larry.meadors@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Larry Meadors
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 11:17 AM
To: Lingala, Sadasiva; user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: need help - custom result set with no mapping

On 3/27/06, Lingala, Sadasiva <Sadasiva.Lingala@fmr.com> wrote:

A few things to note here.

> Is this difficult or not possible?

Either way, iBATIS or JDBC, you'll be writing the exact same code,
because you are wanting to work with the JDBC metadata.

> I like to find a solution as it provides uniform approach for entire
DAO layer.

The purpose of a DAO layer is to make the API that the application
sees consistent, regardless of the underlying technology used to
implement it. It is not to make the underlying technology used to
implement it consistent.

> I can write some code if you can provide some pointers as to
> how I can setup a Resultset handler.

I am not sure that this interface is ever exposed. You can write a
Typehandler...but I am still not sure that you will be able to get the
data you need.

Larry