ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Meindert" <meind...@pastelebusiness.com>
Subject nullValue
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:32:35 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying to use the NULL replacement while using a map that hasn't got the
required parameter;

I'm making a service that inserts data based on a XML Document
- I won't add the XML element to my input XML If a field value is NULL
- I put my XML elements straight into a map,
=>the null values are therefore missing in the map.

In the example below I try to insert a map that has #Code# and #CompanyId#
but no key->value for #IsDischarged#
I want to insert false or 0 if this is the case; so I use;
insert into EmplMain (Code, IsDischarged, CompanyId)
    values (#Code#, #IsDischarged:BOOLEAN:0#, #CompanyId#)

But this doesn't work;
DEBUG: insert into EmplMain (Code, IsDischarged, CompanyId) values (?, ?, ?)

DEBUG Parameters: [001, null, 4]
DEBUG Types: [java.lang.String, null, java.lang.Integer]