ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Engel, Gregory A" <GAEn...@Tribune.com>
Subject RE: How to make dao's / vo's more polymorphic
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:17:37 GMT
One thing I ran across with this when generating code that you should be
aware of (you probubly already are)
is that you have to be careful of declaring varables in the extended class
with the same name as the one
in the base class.

So you have to inspect the base class before generating the code of the
extended class
and only generate fields and getters/setters for the diff. Otherwise you
will end up with
variable hiding which can be frustrating if later you cast to the base
class.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 8:55 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to make dao's / vo's more polymorphic

Abator doesn't have support for this now - but it should be fairly simple to
add.  Abator would not generate these base objects, it would just assume
they are there and use them - right???

Jeff Butler

On 3/10/06, Paul Carr < Paul.Carr@express-gifts.co.uk
<mailto:Paul.Carr@express-gifts.co.uk> > wrote:

Hi All,

Is there a way to make the DAO's and VO's generated by abator all extend
a single class or implement a common interface?

Ideally I'd like all my DAO interfaces to extend a BaseDAO and all my
value objects to extend a BaseValueObject automatically as abator
creates them ???

Best Regards
Paul.