ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Fullam, Jonathan" <jful...@att.com>
Subject RE: Crash when Oracle stops/restarts
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:54:44 GMT
OR.....If you aren't configuring your datasource through your application server, but rather
you are using a connection pool through Ibatis, you can set up your Ibatis datasource to ping
connections.  For example, configure the following properties of your Ibatis simple datasource
something like the following:

<property name="Pool.PingQuery" value="select 1 from USERS"/>

<property name="Pool.PingEnabled" value="true"/>

<property name="Pool.PingConnectionsOlderThan" value="0"/>

<property name="Pool.PingConnectionsNotUsedFor" value="3600000"/>

-Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Zhu [mailto:scottzhu@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:50 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Crash when Oracle stops/restarts

I don't think this problem is specific to oracle or ibatis. We use SQLServer (with Weblogic)
and I can reproduce this problem if I stop and restart the db server. It's because some connections
in the pool becomes invalid when this happens. The solution is to always test the connection
or periodically test the connections. I'm not sure how this is done in Tomcat, but in weblogic,
it's the "Test Reserved Connections" option.