ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Sven Boden <list...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: JPetStore - Using billState property in Cart.java
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:03:30 GMT

If I understand you correctly, this has been discussed before. It's
because of "nesting statements". Hard to explain, but you use 1 query to
fill in a bean in order to run a query to fill in another bean, and that
doesn't work. I'm sure someone else can give a better explanation for it.
If I recall correctly the solution is to use a second instance of the
SqlMapClient.

Else show us the simplest form of what you want to do... preferably
using hsql, but Oracle will also do ;-)

Regards,
Sven

Mike Wilson wrote:

>Hello,
>
>In the Cart.java I'm trying to grab the users' billState value (in Order.java) so I can
use it as a qualifier for which tax rate is applied.

>I am trying to set the account.billState value in Order.java that I can use in the Cart.java.
This is so I can calc different tax rates based on different states and display the result
on the checkout pages. However, it doesn't seem like I can do this. I've tried several things
besides this, adding a reference to account.billState in the Cart.java or adding an initCart
method and grabbing the account.billState that way (like the initOrder in Order.java). Seems
like unless I hard code a value in my totalTax method in Cart.java, I get a null pointer exception.
Hope this makes sense and someone can help.