ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Sven Boden <list...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Flushing caches
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:56:42 GMT

No that's not possible, and probably will never be. There's a JIRA open
for it http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-222 which I would
like to close as "won't fix" ;-).

The problem is that iBATIS has no concept of object identity. If you
look at the caching code, caching is on the "level of the
query/ResultSet", if you have iBATIS e.g. return 2 lists of objects, it
may be well be that what for you is 1 and the same object may be cached
twice (once in every list). Object identity is a concept that doesn't
mix with Sql Mapping.

Regards,
Sven