ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ted Schrader" <tschra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using $value$ with collection property
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:56:07 GMT
Yeah, "companyLibrary=someLibrary" didn't fly:

--- The error occurred in mycom/sqlmaps/OrderDetail.xml.
--- Check the OrderDetail.orderDetailResult.
--- Check the result mapping for the 'detailLines' property.
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: An undefined column name was detected.
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: An undefined column name was detected.

I suppose jumping straight to the N+1 avoidance would work since that
solution entails a single query.  Perhaps the non-propagation of
$values$ to subsequent complex property queries is a bug.

Performance is not a big issue for me in this case because I only dig
up a single Order, not lots of them.  I think I'll play Josh Bloch's
"Item 37: Optimize Judiciously" card here and say "Good 'nuff".  With
that said,  I'm still interesting in any insight.

Thanks!

Ted