ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ted Schrader" <tschra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CHAR to BOOLEAN - Custom Type Handler
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:35:29 GMT
Hi Guido,

I'm not sure about custom type handlers, but doing something like this
in your query might lead to a simpler solution:

SELECT CASE WHEN BOOLCOL = 'T' THEN 'true' ELSE 'false' END AS BOOLFLAG
FROM MY_TABLE

I'm guessing here, but perhaps "true" and "false" can be mapped
directly by iBATIS to a boolean or java.lang.Boolean.  I wish I had
the time to check it out myself.

It's an avenue to try.

Ted