ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From sadasiva lingala <sadasiva_ling...@yahoo.com>
Subject need help - custom result set with no mapping
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:19:13 GMT
Hi
I am using Spring and Ibatis for database access. I need a solution for defining custom type
handler for entire resultset.

for example I have SQL like
"Select abc, xyz from table_a"

I need to map the above query results to a generic Custom result set using JDBC resultset
metadata. So I don't have a domain object to map the results , instead I want to map the results
to custom resultset which also contains meta data. I see an example to map Oracle cursor data
to a JSTL Result object using a type handler. But I am not sure how to map results from above
SQL to a custom resultset using a type handler or some other mechanism. I know how to write
a type handler but not sure how the resultMap would look like for this as I am not mapping
individual columns but just want to call type handler for entire result set. This type handler
should convert the JDBC result set into custom resultset.
for example I want my query mapping something like this.. customer data has to be stored in
CustomResult object along with metadata.

<resultMap class="CustomResult" id="custom_result">
</resultMap>

<select id="getallcustomers" resultMap="custom_result" >
select cust_name, age, address from customers
</select>

I also would take an alternative solution not using type handler (But I have to use ibatis
as I am already using it for other things).

  Thanks