ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Mike Wilson <mw9...@yahoo.com>
Subject JPetStore - Using billState property in Cart.java
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 07:49:50 GMT
Hello,

  Basically, what I need to do is in the Cart.java grab the users' billState value (in Order.java)
so I can use it as a qualifier for which tax rate is applied.

  I am trying to set the account.billState value in Order.java that I can use in the Cart.java.
This is so I can calc different tax rates based on different states and display the result
on the checkout pages. However, it doesn't seem like I can do this. I've tried several things
besides this, adding a reference to account.billState in the Cart.java or adding an initCart
method and grabbing the account.billState that way (like the initOrder in Order.java). Seems
like unless I hard code a value in my totalTax method in Cart.java, I get a null pointer exception.
Hope this makes sense and someone can help.

  Thanks in advance,
  MW

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2ยข/min
or less.