ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Kris Rasmussen <kristapes...@yahoo.com>
Subject dealing with multiple databases?
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 04:01:30 GMT
Hi,

I am about to deploy a massive web application which uses ibatis. My database is designed
to be partioned into separate clusters for maximum scalability so I will eventually need a
way to dynamically set the datasource ibatis is using on a per request basis based on a ClusterId.

Right now ibatis does not seem to provide any mechanism for swapping datasources/managing
multiple datasources in the same sqlmap. I was curious if anyone has attempted this, or if
anyone has any suggestions before I get started hacking away. I suspect I will have to create
my own DataSource implementation but I was curious if anyone has already done something similar?

Thanks,
Kris