ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Prashanth Sukumaran <prashanthsukuma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem in using complex objects in ibatis2.0
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:12:11 GMT
Hi Kishlay

  It is not the problem with iBatis.  You cannot have the member variable with the second
letter Capital.

  Instead of wHistVO  try  whistVO.  This will work.

  The getter and setter would be getWhistVO and setWhistVO.

  Thanks
  Prashanth.

"Nikesh, Kishlay" <kishlay.nikesh@fidelity.co.in> wrote:
      Hi,
  I am having a java-class(getter/setter) which has a reference of another java class in it.

  public class universeVO implements Serializable
{
        private int universeid;
        private String description;
        private weightingHistoryVO wHistVO;
}
  Each universeId in the above class can have multiple weightingHistoryVOs.
  I have used the following entries in my Universe.xml file :-
    <typeAlias alias="universe" type="com.asset.universeVO"/>
  <typeAlias alias="weight" type="com.asset.weightingHistoryVO"/>
    <resultMap id="getUniverseResult" class="universe">
        <result property="universeid" column="UniverseId" />
        <result property="wHistVO.universeid" column="UniverseId" />
  </resultMap>
  <statement id="getAllUniverse" parameterClass="int" resultMap="getUniverseResult">

        SELECT * from aaUniverse, aaWeightingHistory WHERE
                aaUniverse.UniverseId=aaWeightingHistory.UniverseId
                AND aaUniverse.UniverseId = #universeid#
  </statement>
  The above code when used gives me this error on WAS/Sybase environment -
  Caused by:
com.ibatis.common.beans.ProbeException: There is no WRITEABLE property named 'wHistVO' in
class 'com.asset.universeVO'
        at com.ibatis.common.beans.ClassInfo.getSetterType(ClassInfo.java:174)
        at com.ibatis.common.beans.GenericProbe.getClassPropertyTypeForSetter(GenericProbe.java:250)

  Can anyone please advice what could be the problem ?
  Many Thanks,
Kishlay Kumar Nikesh
  Important: Any comments or statements made in this email are not necessarily those of Fidelity
Business Services India Pvt. Ltd. or any of the Fidelity group companies. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. if you have received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer. All e-mails sent from or to Fidelity
Business Services India Pvt. Ltd. may be subject to our monitoring procedures.

Yahoo! Mail