ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: overloaded setter methods
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:38:26 GMT
Overloaded setter methods is a violation of the JavaBeans specification.  I
recommend you don't do it.  I also recommend you upgrade to JDK 1.5 if
possible, which will avoid the need for this entirely.

Even if you don't upgrade, overloading for this reason is a bad idea
IMHO....Java sucks for not having autoboxing until now, but dealing with it
using ad-hoc polypmorphism is probably not the best idea.  Honestly I'd
recommend just picking either the primitives or the object wrappers and
using them consistently.

Clinton