ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Balaji" <bal...@objectec.com>
Subject Sybase JConnect 5.5 & CLOB
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:15:26 GMT
When i try to read a 'TEXT' datatype field from Sybase 12.0 database &
JConnect 5.5,
- datatype in POJO is String  (also tried java.sql.Clob)
- jdbcType in resultMap is 'CLOB'

i get the following error message shown below.  Looks like getClob(string)
is not implemented in Jconnect yet.

Does anyone know how to get this to work, any workaround?

Thanks
Balaji

*********************/
        ERROR MESSAGE
*********************/
Caused by:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The method
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybResultSet.getClob(String) is not supported and
should not be called.
 at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseRuntimeException(ErrorMessage.java:7
63)
 at com.sybase.jdbc2.utils.Debug.notSupported(Debug.java:366)
 at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybResultSet.getClob(SybResultSet.java:1371)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.type.ResultGetterImpl.getClob(ResultGetterImpl.java
:108)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.type.ClobTypeHandlerCallback.getResult(ClobTypeHand
lerCallback.java:28)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.type.CustomTypeHandler.getResult(CustomTypeHandler.
java:52)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.result.BasicResultMap.getPrimitiveResultMap
pingValue(BasicResultMap.java:552)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.result.BasicResultMap.getResults(BasicResul
tMap.java:311)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.handleResults(SqlExecutor.jav
a:390)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SqlExecutor.executeQuery(SqlExecutor.java
:184)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.sqlExecuteQuery(
GeneralStatement.java:205)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryWith
Callback(GeneralStatement.java:173)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryForO
bject(GeneralStatement.java:104)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForObject(SqlMapEx
ecutorDelegate.java:561)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForObject(SqlMapEx
ecutorDelegate.java:536)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForObject(SqlMapSession
Impl.java:93)
 at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.queryForObject(SqlMapClientIm
pl.java:70)