ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Data source in Orion
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:39:51 GMT
My first guess is that you need to configure a resource reference.  This
will be in ejb-jar.xml if you are using EJBs, web.xml if you are not using
EJBs.

In either event, there is likely an Orion specific configuration file
somewhere that maps the resource reference name to the actual JNDI name.

So:

1. Configure a resource reference (call it "jdbc/localconn" for example)
2. Use "java:comp/env/jdbc/localconn" as the name in iBATIS
3. Use Orion specific tools to map "jdbc/dbconn" to "jdbc/9i/webservices"

I don't use Orion, so I can't tell you how to how the Orion specific stuff
works.

You might also try to have iBATIS use the "jdbc/9i/webservices" name
directly (without the "java:comp/env" prefix).  I would consider this a bad
practice, but it might work.

Jeff Butler